Twin Hook Floor Mounted Hoist
1. Load Blocks
- Assembly consists of a frame (yoke), sheaves, bearings, swivel (thrust bearing), and hook assembly
- All structural components designed with a minimum 5:1 safety factor
- Heavy-duty steel sheaves with heavy-duty bearings available
- Optional end connections: eye hook, clevis hook, or a special assembly to connect to a lifting device.
2. Wire Rope
- Wound from high strength metal strands designed for long life and low wear
- Available designs: steel, stainless steel for corrosion resistance, and rotation resistant.
- Minimum of 5:1 safety factor of all wire ropes
- Electrolift chooses the type of wire rope for each hoist based on specific application
3. Wire Rope Drum
- Spools and unspools wire rope on helical groove to lift or lower load blocks
- Helical grooves on drum prevent the wire rope from overwrapping
- At least 2 dead wraps remain on the drum when the rope is unwound during normal operation
- Drum/rope diameter is optimized to reduce rope flex, reducing wear and extending rope life
- Special features available:
- Deep grooving
- Rope guide
- Quick disconnect wire rope dead-ending
4. Drum Shaft
- Transmits torque from the gear reducer to wire rope drum
- Fabricated from high strength, cold-rolled steel
- Designed for infinite life
- High overload capacity
- Standard motor is 3 phase, Nema class D, 30-minute duty, class H
- Voltages available: 230/460V standard, 208V, 575V
- Electrolift offers optional 60-minute, continuous duty, and inverter duty motors for heavy-duty service
- Standard motors contain thermal switches to protect from overloading the motor.
6. Motor Brake
- Spring applied, electrically released operation
- Easily maintained and adjusted
- Replacement brake pads and coils stocked and readily available at Electrolift
- Type of brakes offered:
- Electrolift standard brake – cost-effective, suitable for most standard and heavy-duty lifting applications.
- Solenoid type brake – self-adjusting, requiring very little maintenance.
- Oil Shear type brake – recommended for the most demanding applications. They are the most durable and practically maintenance-free.
7. Gear Reducer
- Reduces rotational speed and amplifies torque of motor
- Design life minimum of 15 years
- Capable of seeing a minimum 3X overload
- Low maintenance, infrequent oil changes and inspections
- Simple, straight forward design allows dependable operation and extended equipment life.
To learn more about the worm gear design, click here: The Worm Gear Advantage.